Saturday, September 26, 2009

New ONE SHOT!


So, I'm being kind of mean here. I DO have a new o/s, however, if I told you about it, I'd have to kill you. Maybe not, but I'm not sure. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm a little sketchy on the details.

I submitted an entry to the NaughtHealsAnonymousContest! This is my second entry in a contest this week. First DILFward now ____ward. I can't give any details because then it wouldn't be anonymous, right?

This contest had a few criteria.

One- It had to be about an 80's song, and the storyline had to follow the lyrics in the song. The idea intrigued me.

Two- All entries had to be anonymous, hence why this BEAST is not going on my FFn profile. (At least not YET!)

Three- There was a deadline. Nothing new there, most contests do. So the deadline for this contest is the 30th. Of SEPTEMBER. I started writing it, WEDNESDAY, the 24th. I have never written anything this quickly before, and I hope to hell it doesn't show in the quality of the writing. It was the most difficult thing I've written yet, FF or regular fiction. The subject matter was completely foreign to me, there was an epic lemon that isn't done much on FF (I now know why the fuck that is!), a 10K word maximum (that's just mean to do to me. I'm a wordy one), and I had a deadline that was beating me over the head!

Once again, my beta came to the rescue, staying to chat with me for hours, asking her author friends strange and random questions, and rereading old fics that kind of addressed our problems, but not really. We worked it out in the end, and Dizzy even tricked me into doing an outline! (I don't do those, I think I may be allergic to the outline. No, seriously.) She's a tricky one, my beta.

So the fic is in Dizzy's very capable beta hands, and as soon as it's posted to the contest site I will post back here so you can all go and read all the amazing creative fics revolving around some of our favorite 80's songs.

Until next time-

Forever, Liz

P.S. Even though I can't give details on the fic, I am sharing the image I kept up on my screen as I wrote _____ward. He was the inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment