Monday, November 2, 2009

The Watcher O/S

MONTHS ago I wrote an o/s for the "I Love 80's Music" Contest. This contest held zero interest to me. Hell, I was intrenched in the 80's the FIRST time they were popular, do I REALLY need to live them again? I didn't think so. But then, WearingWords had to go pimping this contest all over Twitter, and somehow my interest was piqued.

Was it the fact that the fic had to based and closely follow an 80's song? Or was that it was required to have lemon(s)? Maybe it was the fact that I decided to enter the contest on a MONDAY and the deadline was on FRIDAY? (I know, Imma crazy) Or perhaps it was the 10K limit (high limit)? Or even the fact that it was an anonymous contest? Regardless of WHY I entered, by Monday evening I had messaged DizzyGrl28 and informed her of my plan. By that time I had a song and a basic outline conjured up to bounce off of her. She liked it, and like always, she was very supportive and encouraging. She just KNEW I could write this and have it ready to submit in THREE days. So I went to work.

By Wednesday I was wondering "what the hell I was thinking when I emailed the directors of the contest to let them know my song choice?! " My MAJOR FAIL moment came when I was GChatting with Dizzy on Wednesday night and she asked about the lemon. She was wondering how I was planned to work out the logistics of human male parts working on/in vampire female parts. My response was something along the lines of, "Og, my god. I have no clue. I am so fucked. How am I going to make this work?"

What's the big deal right? I mean it's all just make believe anyways, right? Wrong. Its got to be BELIEVABLE! And come on- who's going to believe that ANY man in his right mind would sick his wang in a freezing cold metal pipe that could snap it off when it constricted around him. (This was my exact description of how I imagined sex between a human male and vamp female would be when I was talking with Dizz.) This did not seem appealing to me in the least. And I don't have a wang that I am overprotective of. Thus began the the great smexin' search.

My Darth Beta whisked herself away, with only the "BRB" glaring in the chat window.

The next time she popped in a few minutes later, she explained that she had been jumping in and out of chat rooms and forums asking random, obscene questions about vamp/human sex. She the began scouring the fics for similar situations in them. As it turns out, these fics are rare and I now know why. I had a feeling that I would owe this woman BIG TIME for this one.

And hour and a half later the lemon and its logistics had been worked out, I was no longer panicked, and miracles of miracles, Dizzy had even tricked me into writing an outline! (The woman really IS a miracle worker!)

I finished up the o/s shipped it off to Darth Beta and took a deep breath. By Thursday night I had the o/s back and fully betaed. First thing Friday I sent the damn thing to the contest and almost puked. Thus began my month and a half vigil of the reviews. But that is all over now! Its my my fic again! And I have posted it! WOOT!

A few notes:
-This is a TRUE one shot. It WILL NOT be continued. Sorry folks.
-I am still and always be a review h00r. So GO REVIEW!
-Wussward is one of my fav Edwards so far. But Dadward is my #1!

I hope you enjoy The Watcher, I am proud of this fic, and I'm so glad I did it. I will say that it will be a while before I do anther contest again... the stress is more then I can take right now! LOL

Until next time, readers-

Forever, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment