Monday, November 2, 2009

Chapter Five- Masen's Music Lesson & Meeting Mr. Darcy

I have birthed a monster. At just under 12K, Chapter 5 deserved a mammoth of title.

Nothing about this chapter was easy. Three hundred words into it and I was blocked. Not going anywhere. After three days of staring at the screen I literally yelled, "Fuck it!" and walked away. Only to come back ten minutes latter, find a WC and start writing in a different place in the story line. That seemed to do the trick.

Four hours and 5K later, not only was the block gone, but the part of the chapter that has tortured me so was fixed and finished. Little did I know that I was FAR from finished!

Once again, DizzyGrl28 was there to talk me down from high places and encourage me. "Write what you feel comfortable with, Liz." "They'll read it if you write it. Stop worrying." She was right. It does work, and its an important chapter, but not the most important one. That one is yet to be written, and it kinda scares me.

Until then, I'll keep letting the story unfold. I love that you are reviewing! Its my favorite email notice to get. I've been meeting some of you in WCs and I have to say, you are talented writers in your own right. To know that my readers are writers is humbling, because I know what you are sacrificing to take the time to read my silly little fic. So a special thank you to those of you who are reading AND writing! Thank you!

Until next time...and I promise it will be within the week!

Forever, Liz

P.S. As a reward for being soooo patient with me and posting late I am publishing the o/s I wrote for the "I Love the 80s" Contest.

It should post sometime on the 3rd! ((HUGS))

No comments:

Post a Comment