Friday, October 23, 2009

The Chapter from Hell

It's clear that we are getting close to Halloween, because even my fic is into the mood. Is it just me, or is it far to soon for me to be getting writer's block? I sure as hell think it it! So why is it that 1K into Chapter 4, the chapter I'v been dying to write, by the fucking way, I can't find the words? Bella and Eddo have clammed the hella up and refuse to give it up. These two are a couple of fucking teases, I swear!

I've done every trick I can think of, I forced it- writing when I so didn't even feel like writing. I've tried a WC(Writer's Challenge)- what happened the last time I did a WC? Oh, well I wrote an epic 4,500 words in 3 hours, that's what! But this last time, I FELL ASLEEP! I know, right? Sad. (In my defense I haven't been well, but that's not important.) I've begged other authors and readers alike to finish it for me, and I have no idea why each and everyone have refused my very generous offer to guest write a chapter of "Ride". :snickers: I have also tried just forgetting about it. Walk away from the MacTop and just do something fun and non-FF related. *GASP* Non-FF related? It does exist people, and I did it. I went to a concert and had a ton of fun, only to come home and glare menacingly at the beloved MacT0p. I'm starting to get pissed, people.

I'm under a time crunch here. Monday is Update Day, and whilst I have a fuck awesome beta, that can turn a fic around like nobody's business, it isn't fair to hand her a fic Sunday and say, "Can I get this for Monday afternoon?" Dizz has her own amazing shit she's writing, I'm not the only author she betas for, not to mention a real life filled with job, home, and a couple of teenaged manboys. So see my point? Imma freaking out over the deadline thing here.

I have one more trick by my not-so-author's- sleeve. I'm just gonna skip the part that's hitching me up and try to write around it, and come back to it later. Tonight is writing night. I'm goning to try to find a WC and live there until Ch 4 is written and off my back. I really just want to bitch slap this chapter, really I do.

So... I'm doing everything I can to pop this chappie out to you by Monday. No excuses, no extensions. Imma doing the best this baby fic writer can do! Cross your fingers and hope that this works, people. I need all the luck I can get.

Forever, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment