Saturday, October 10, 2009

Two Days Until Chapter Two!

The nerves are building... This is worse than when I posted the damn one shot! Maybe because since then I've written a few other things and not been as pleased with the response to one in particular.

While there have been a lot of very nice, positive things said, there really hasn't been much interest in one fic in particular. Its one of those where you pour yourself into it, are fucking relieved when its finished, and put it out there only to have a, "Meh, it was interesting..." response. I can't even respond to the 10 responses I've had so far because its an ANONYMOUS contest! Haha! I find it a little frustrating, that's all. Not to mention that the only thing I want to do is pull it down and post it on my profile to see what you guys think about it. Its definitely a different concept, but I figured it would generate some interest. You know, stand out from the others. Hell, I like a good "E meets B, B falls for E, E doesn't feel worthy, E leaves B, B is broken and lost, E comes back to her, E and B live happily ever after" fic as much as the next gal, but the stories that I love, the ones that I want to read again and again are the ones that totally stand out in the crowd. I kinda thought this anonymous fic was like that, and it just might be exactly that, but hell! There ARE fifty-four fucking entries! I'll be entirely surprised and honored if I make it past the first round of voting. We shall see...

I'm just venting, not really mad or upset. I received a bizzaro review today, and didn't quite know how to take it. I pine over the reviews I leave for authors. Most are simple an sincere. Some are elaborate and creative. But each is carefully worded, so that the person who reads it knows full well how much I am grateful for their words and time. Not all are long winded, (shut it. I can do brief, damn it!) but all are heartfelt. Don't get me wrong, I am a review hOOr, and a quickly left review is better than no review (with the EXPRESS exception of leaving a " :)" or "Good Job!" as a review! Please, please, NEVER do that! Haha!); but as a READER I kinda look at the situation like this:

I just spent anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour reading this author's fic, that they spent days slaving over. Shunning real life, shirking responsibilities, and shedding blood sweat & tears to write this for my sorry ass to read for FREE. The least I can do is take FIVE more minutes to write a review that reflects how I felt about their work.

OK, I'm done. I'm getting off my soap box, and going to pillage my cabinets for chocolate. I need a hit of the good stuff to bring me back to my happy place so I can write Chapter 3 tonight. It's started and :GASP: outlined, but I gotta go listen to these two crazy kids be all mushy and write it all down so you can read it and REVIEW! Haha!

I really am excited about Chapter 2 of Ride of Your Life posting on Monday. It will probably be in the evening, EST. Just so you know! ;)

Thanks for reading, and reviewing. I can't believe that you people read ANY of the crap I write. Every time I get a doc back from Dizzy and she tells me she liked it (or amazingly, that she loved it) I'm just so grateful that it didn't suck. Hell, I might be happy with a review that said, "Well, it didn't suck..." LOL

Don't get any fucking ideas, smart ass!

I love y'all!

Forever, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment